Friday, March 11, 2011

"Maker: Self" at Territorio Desdibujado 2.0 - XI Velada de Santa Lucia



Buena! This is a view of my self portraits (being installed) at Territorio Desdibujado 2.0 (Blurred Territory 2.0) - an exhibition of self portraits curated by Eliseo SolĂ­s Mora that showed the images of around 100 artists as part of the 11th Velada De Santa Lucia in Maracaibo, Venezuela.

For the Velada, every year for the past 11 years, the residents of this particular community in Maracaibo generously lend their houses to all kinds of performers, artists and curators from all over Venezuela and The World who show their works in, on and around the houses and streets. The entire event is organised with a lotta love by artist Clamencia Labin and attended by thousands of very lovely people.

It would be a huge understatement to simply say that my entire experience of venezuela was coloured by the love and generousity of new friends and the beautiful people I met in Maracaibo and Caracas. I'm really looking forward to participating even more next year and if I can find ways to give even half as much as I recieve, that'll be a nice way to smile back at the universe.




1 comment: